Are you looking for community service hours?
Students can earn hours by volunteering at I Fly Young!
There are some rules when it comes to volunteering. Here are the basics.
Possible Volunteer Duties
· Homework tutor: help finish and check students' homework
- · Activity tutor (Activity assistant): lead I Fly Young students in activities, such as chess, art, etc. Students can participate based on their interest. For example, Theo is good at dancing. He can then request a room from I Fly Young and teach children how to dance.
Volunteers are needed Monday to Friday during the school year. It is divided into two shifts; you can choose the time and activity based on your interest.
· 3:30 – 4:00 Chinese language helper
· 4:00 – 5:00 Homework helper
· 5:00 – 6:00 Club time helper
＊Please be on time. For first-timers, please bring your completed and signed Waiver Form.＊
How to sign up:
Step 2: Record service hour time card here.
Step 3: Show up on time and sign in. For first timers, please print and complete waiver form here.
The President's Volunteer Service Award (PVSA):
I Fly Young is a participant of PVSA. Volunteers who are registered may receive awards for their service hours within a 12-month period from July to August every year.
How to sign up for PVSA
Step 1: Go to the PVSA website. You can read about the basics of volunteering here.
Step 2: Register as a volunteer here.
Step 3: After receiving confirmation, please go to the PVSA website. At the top of the page, log in. Click on "My Profile" on the right. Then, click add a "Record of Service Key" at the bottom of the page. The ROS Key is FBM-7741.
Step 4: Simply volunteer at I Fly Young. I Fly Young will manage your hours for you; please DO NOT add your own hours.
3:30 pm - 4:00 pm: 中文小老師: 協助孩子們安靜心&學習中文
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm 作業小老師 – 協助學生完成學校作業並檢查
5:00 pm - 6:30 pm 活動小老師 – 帶領小朋友參與IFY Club的才藝，如西洋棋、畫畫等。學生可以根據專長，選擇參與活動；也可以向機構提案新活動。例如，瑪莉很 擅長健身操，她可以向機構申請一個教室，在IFY Club裏教小朋友做體操。
步驟二 ： 列印和填寫服務時間表格 這裡。
步驟三 ： 準時報到並簽到。第一次報到請列印填寫繳交waiver表格 這裡。